Drayton Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Door card restoration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colin
Admin
Admin
Colin

Door card restoration Empty
PostSubject: Door card restoration   Door card restoration Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:45 am

Door card restoration

I don't know if anyone has tried this ? but it works as you can see the door cards  have faded and look totally us, I tried everything to clean them including panel wipe which didn't clean them at all, I remember some years ago I cleaned up the window rubbers on my Pajero which was looking a little sorry and it worked really very well so I thought I'd try the same on the door cards and hope for the best, first of all I removed the door cards and pulled off the covering from the warped card which I replaced with new I then glued the materiel onto the card and left it for a day or 2.

I brought some Cherry blossom black shoe shine the type with a sponge on the end and then I coated them twice let them dry and give them a bit of a buff and hey presto they look new again, I have given them a polish with a bit of wax and they are fine and the colour does not come of, in fact when I did my Pajero I forgot to say the rubber was on the outside. I haven't quite finished the door cards yet I need to stretch the edges and glue them down but I'm sure you will agree they look much better.

I've also done my seats which I will add some pictures later but this was a very cheap and long term fix using as much as the original parts as possible.

Before

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://draytondubsshrops.forumotion.co.uk
GazEllis83
Slow Starter
Slow Starter
GazEllis83

Door card restoration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door card restoration   Door card restoration Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:25 am

Nifty little trick and I can honestly say ive never heard of that one
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/gazsdetailingservice

Door card restoration

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drayton Dubs :: Detailing Tips & Tricks-